Solution for “The screen resolution is too low for this app to run.” error in Windows 8.
Nowadays, all notebook computers are coming with the resolution of 1024×600 or lower. But windows 8 requires a minimum of 1024×768 screen resolution, so that you can’t run Metro Apps on you PC.
Here I’m telling you that how to go through this problem. When you run any application this type of error appears.
The screen resolution is too low for this app to runThe users with the resolution of 1024×768 or higher don’t see this error. Now follow these steps to get rid of this.
- Open Registry Editor. To open it press Windows + R Key, Then type “regedit” in the box and then press Enter key. Click Yes for the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
- In Registry Editor, Press Ctrl + F keys to open Find box. In the Find box, type “display1_downscalingsupported”(or copy from here and post in the find box) in Find what box, check enable Match whole string only box and then click Find Next button.
- Double-click on “display1_downscalingsupported” entry and change its value from the default “0” to “1”.
- Exit Registry Editor and reboot your PC.
- After rebooting PC, right-click on desktop, select Screen Resolution. You should now see 1024×768 resolution. Select 1024×768 or higher resolution (if available), and then click Apply button. Click Keep changes when you see the confirmation box. Now You’ll be able to run metro Apps on your Note Book PC.